Wednesday 25 August 2010

Let it rain!! Or maybe not ;-)

Skye's birthday present finally arrived today!! I'd ordered a nice Hurtta raincoat for her (which turned out to be out of stock, so took a while to get here.) I really like Hurtta dog gear, Skye has a harness by them as well and it fits her so well.


I am not really into dressing up dogs, but I think a raincoat is really practical, especially with heavy coated dogs. When Skye was a little puppy, she had one as well and it always kept her coat nicely clean and dry in really bad weather.

Her new rain coat came just in time. About an hour after the mail man handed it over to me the sun disappeared and the sky turned grey. The weather is rather horrible here at the moment. Rain has been pouring down for hours now.

I must admit Skye isn't too keen about wearing a coat. When I put it on, she just stands still and won't move a paw, looking very sorry for herself. On the photo above she looks quite happy though, but that's because I have a nice dog treat in my hand. ;-D

Fortunately, as soon as she's outside she forgets about the coat and behaves just as she always does. And when we come home after a walk she's happier too, because drying her hair with a towel takes no time at all.

1 comment:

  1. Skye looks very cute in her raincoat! Glad to hear it does a good job of keeping her dry. I look very sorry for myself when mom puts anything on me too - LOL!

    ReplyDelete