Monday 7 December 2009

Puppy playtime

Yesterday we had our second puppy class at Whirlwind Agility. There were only three puppies this time. But that was actually quite a good thing. Now, Skye got the chance to play with the other two (bigger and heavier) puppies in a more controlled way. At first Skye tried to hide behind my legs, but after a while she became more confident and really started to enjoy herself.


Even if Squiffy wanted to sit on her ... again ;-)



Toby made himself a bit smaller for Skye. What a sweetie.



Having a good time!


Squiffy's mischievous little face!

Of course we did a few other things as well. We practised some 'sits' and 'downs' and our trainer Sue explained to us how we could teach our dogs to stay in these positions for a while. We also picked up each other's dogs, carefully looked in their ears and mouth and checked their feet. Both the boys didn't really mind. They were very good. Skye was a bit more reluctant, I think. So we need to practise a bit more on that. Handling the other pups was quite a nice experience. They felt so different compared to Skye. They both are a lot chunkier than her and quite a bit heavier too.

I think these classes are very good for Skye. It's nice to see her develop into a confident little girl. Can't wait to go again next week!
All the photos in this post were made by Sue White.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Skye got to play with the other puppies at her class! It's really good for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Skye! My name's Fizz, I'm a Sheltie puppy too but I'm a bit older :-) You are super cute!

    I went to an agility class too, but all the dogs were huuuge compared to me (some were about 20kg) and they really scared me. In the end Mum had to stop taking me because they were knocking me over and frightening me all the time. It really knocked my confidence for a while but now I actually prefer big dogs to small ones!! It's great that you're becoming more confident now, it looks like good fun. Sounds like your Mum is doing a great job too!

    Nice to meet you Skye!
    Hugs
    ~Fizz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember puppy socialization class! So much fun, and the BEST part was holding the other puppies!

    ReplyDelete